Monday, March 31, 2014

Elder Rogers is going to......‏

So everyone.... Transfer 5 news came and before it came we all knew that my companion elder barrick would be leaving to go somewhere else because it's very rare for someone to stay longer than 6 months in one area.... so it comes and guess who isn't planning to leave... THIS GUY. And Elder Losee (our DL) read.. "Elder Rogers will be............. (longest gap of time ever)........ going. To American Corner in Thunder Hill District, Kissy Zone. His companion will be Elder Hamilton. And that's not all.... (I'm very confused at this point)..... he will be the new District Leader of Thunder Hill District. At this point on Saturday night i'm very nervous and this is the first time that i felt i could actually throw up from nerves..... So ya i'm now the Thunder Hill DL and boy do i miss Allen town. So I have 6 Elders and 2 Sisters in my District and the Zone Leaders are two of the Elders.... kinda crazy.... honestly what went through my head was "really president...... i haven't even hit 6 months yet....." But later i realized that God is the one that calls us to our areas so i started to prepare myself for the hair-loss that is to come. So now i'm a DL... i don't know what else to tell you cuz honestly i'm still in shock. I keep thinking that i'm going to go to sleep and wake up in the morning in Allen Town. Elder Hamilton is my new companion and he is a 19-year-old (yup... still haven't had a companion younger than me) and he is from Logan, Utah (yup... another white boy companion.) I am grateful but this transfer i will be learning much patience and this will help me for the rest of my mission and my life... 

-Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment