Monday, August 3, 2015

20‏

I am no longer a teenager everyone... i'm feelin the age pains in my back and my knees are stiffer than usual when i wake up in the morning but i haven't had to rely on my walker just yet! My birthday was pretty fun! We ate dinner at the Knudsen's which was super fun! Brother K took us for a ride in his 2008 Shelby GT500 (its a really nice really fast car). We helped some people move into the ward and that pretty much sums up the day. This week we taught a new investigator of ours, Silena White... who is not white:) she is golden! She has been coming to church and telling the members that she is getting baptized and that was before we even had the chance to sit down and talk to her about it. She has met with missionaries before and she knows pretty much everything she just needs a little refresher but we did get the chance to meet with her and she asked us when she could be baptized. So we said yes of course and the 22 of August is the day! We're super excited and she is too so it should be a really cool experience for all of us!

Alright this weeks keyboard sermon comes from 1 Nephi 7:17-18:
 17 But it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord, saying: O Lord, according to my faith which is in thee, wilt thou deliver me from the hands of my brethren; yea, even give me strength that I may burst these bands with which I am bound.
 18 And it came to pass that when I had said these words, behold, the bands were loosed from off my hands and feet, and I stood before my brethren, and I spake unto them again.
Notice how Nephi didn't just pray for the circumstance to change. He prayed and asked for the strength to change the circumstance. The Lord rarely will step in and change everything to the way that we want it. If he did that we would never grow or learn. However, the Lord is more than willing to help us in ways that are even greater than what we could reach on our own. This is called the "Enabling Power of the Atonement." Christ's atonement allows us to go beyond our own capacity and reach to new heights but we have to be willing as Nephi was to change our circumstance. So this week pray for strength to overcome trials and change your circumstances! 
-Elder Rogers

Me and Cameron Locke. My convert from 5th ward.
He's living in Orlando at the moment.









No comments:

Post a Comment