Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Psych!‏

Found some extra time to type one. Well first things first i hope that all is well with home. Daulton's death was mourned here and i feel for the family. I hope and pray that things start to heal and mend. My prayers are there. 

This week was pretty rough but hey we push through. I've learned two big lessons on mission so far... 1-HOW TO SURVIVE!! 2- on a serious note this one is patient perseverance. One thing i learned this week is that some areas are there not for you to build the area but for the area to destroy you and build you back up... welcome to Freetown Area. It's been rough but i have a great companion and we both have overcome some difficult things and kept pressing forward. I love my mission so much. I will cherish the lessons that i learn till the day that i die and ever onward. 

So the reason that i am emailing on Tuesday...... is Muslims. Yesterday was prayer day which is a holiday for the Muslims to celebrate the finishing of their month long fast. Crappiest month ever if you ask me.... fast every day from 5 in the morning to 7:30 at night for a month... hah. Anyways almost all of the shops and cafes were closed yesterday due to the prayer day so that's why we changed p day to this day. 

I shared small about football.... i'm getting pretty good, if i might say so myself. I definitely will be getting a football to practice... not like i'll play competitively when i get home but it's another talent to try and acquire. All the missionaries played one of the wards in the stake and of course we won 8-6 (hah you can't beat the lord's army). I love you all so much and i hope that all is going well. 

My birthday will be well celebrated... for lunch on Friday my companion and i are going to a Ghanaian restaurant to enjoy some FooFoo and Bonku. You have no idea what those are but they are something that i'll be enjoying:) 
Love you all!
-Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment